Wayfinding / Architectural Signage
Wayfinding and code signage
Wayfinding and code signage is one of Waypoint’s key focus areas. Our team creates custom, turn-key wayfinding systems. And, as a design/build shop, custom doesn’t equate to “budget buster.” We can create a package that meets your specific budget and construction timeline, while also ensuring ADA code compliance. At the same time, we realize that our developer, contractor and architect/interiors clients have a whole lot to manage in the development of a new building. Signage should not be a hassle, nor should it be the one element that slows down the process of obtaining TCO. To ensure that our clients have a positive, simple and timely experience, we have developed a client-centric process, work flow and structure that reflects that of our clients. We appoint a dedicated project manager for every project, creating a unique and empowered champion who manages the project from design through installation. A dedicated design team supports the project manager, and a custom signage location plan and signage schedule is carefully created for each project. Intrigued? Click on the Process section below to learn more.
No case studies found.
Unfortunately, there were no case studies that matched your filters.
Wayfinding process – project workflow
The process chart below outlines the steps in developing a custom wayfinding signage package.
- Review floor plates to identify what type and how many sign types are needed for the project
- Create a proposal for client
- Proposals are for a full-service signage solution: design, build and install (Waypoint provides build and install only proposals as well if you have a pre-designed sign package)
- Host a meeting with all stakeholders which includes Waypoint designated project manager and designer, Waypoint sales person, client and, at client’s direction could include architect, interiors, construction
- Understand and define project goals, brand, timeline, special needs and desires
- Post meeting, produce an image board showing design inspiration/direction for client review and approval
- Create location and messaging for each individual sign
- Develop a message schedule showing content for each individual sign
- Develop programming floor plates, with signage locations corresponding to the message schedule
- Client review and edits
- Design 2-4 design concepts for 1-2 sign types
- Client review and feedback, direction selected
DESIGN WAYFINDING PACKAGE
- Design all sign types
- Client review and revisions
FINAL CLIENT REVIEW / APPROVAL
- Client reviews and approves full package
- Upon approval, package moves into the fabrication phase
PERMITS / SHOP DRAWINGS
- Complete and submit permit applications for any signs requiring permits from local municipalities. Waypoint manages this process.
- Develop shop and production files
- Designated project manager works with fabrication team to ensure sign construction is consistent with the signage design package
- Ensure excellence – quality control team reviews – project manager, fabrication operations manager, fabrication team
- Coordinate with general contractor/client for timing and access
- Installs are often phased to meet pre-TCO inspection timing, and to coordinate with other trades completing work on the site
- Walk through completed installation with client and Waypoint team